The contents include evidence of early life from the oldest known fossil in the geological record, as well as the prior events of chemical evolution and self-organization; the question of the chirality of protein amino acids is discussed. The book provides an excellent introduction to this ever-growing interdisciplinary area of research in chemistry, physics, and the life sciences. This volume is a Festschrift for the late Professor Cyril Ponnamperuma in whose honor the Second Trieste Conference was held.
- Part I: Chemical Aspects of Self-Organization
- Part II: Geophysical Aspects of Self Organization
- Part III: Biochemical Aspects of Self-Organization
- Part IV: Biophysical Aspects
- Part V: Chirality and Self-OrganizationISBN 0-937194-32-8, 1995, Hardcover, 352 pages